Disponibilité : From Tuesday to Sunday
Depending on season times
Min : 1 - Max : 200
French - English - Italian - Other languages on request
A partir de 15,00 €
Ostia Antica and the Roman Coast
Did you know that one of the most important archaeological sites of Ancient Rome is only 20 minutes from Rome?
Indeed, you don’t have to go all the way to Pompeii to have the impression of stepping back in time and seeing how the Romans lived! Enjoy a day at the archaeological site of Ostia Antica, with its ruins and their splendid maritime pines.
Get lost in its streets, discover the thermal baths and the Piazzale delle Corporazioni … and imagine the hustle and bustle of the old port that was here, with its ships that docked at the mouth of the Tiber river.
The ancient city of Ostia, which today covers around 85 hectares of remains, is one of the first Roman settlements and was a strategic point for the Empire. The city was home to a population of 50,000 inhabitants!
Stroll between the great temples and shrines, the public baths, the theater in the main square, the religious structures (basilica, curia …), flanked by shops and private dwellings, some of which are preserved until the second floor.
In addition to the archaeological area, the site of Ostia Antica also offers temporary exhibitions to better understand the life of the Romans.
The site is open every day except Mondays (open Easter Monday), January 1 and December 25 from 8:30 a.m.
– from October 25 to February 28 (or 29): last entry at 3.30 p.m. with exit at 4.30 p.m.
– from March 1 to March 31: last entry at 4.15 p.m. with exit at 5.15 p.m.
– from April 1 to September 30: last entry at 6 p.m. with exit at 7 p.m.
– from October 1 to October 24: last entry at 5.30 p.m. with exit at 6.30 p.m.
- Full ticket: € 15.00 per person
- Reduced ticket: € 5.00 per person (young people aged 18 to 25 residing in one of the countries of the European Economic Area).
- Free for children under 18 on presentation of an official ID and disabled visitors.
Roman coast and its beaches
Pour ceux qui préfèrent la mer, la région offre de véritables perles. For those who prefer the sea, the region offers real pearls. Discover all the must-see spots to enjoy a day at the sea or an aperitif at the beach .